Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What a day!

Today my 6 year old was home from school. Poor thing. :( He has complained about his mouth hurting for a few days, and I thought it was his 6 year molars. Then he woke up screaming in pain the other night. We got him in at the dentist yesterday and it now appears that a tooth that they worked on back in September is infected now. He is still in tremendous pain (and hates the taste of orajel), but the antibiotics should start working and fix him up soon.

Last night he was in pain and wanted pudding. Well, I decided to make it a pudding pie. Got the crust made and went to grab a box of pudding and the two sugar free/fat free were way out of date! The only one I had that was edible was a regular vanilla pudding...but since I had the crust, I went ahead with the vanilla. I cut small pieces of the pie and it was wonderful...then I caught myself going back for more. So I had another small piece. Then woke up this morning CRAVING it. I have now seen first hand (and paid attention to it) how sugar makes me crave more sugar. There are 2 pieces left and I am going to get someone else to eat them tonight, or else I will throw them away, after convincing myself that they aren't good anymore.

My scale was up today, but I'm ok with that because I had tacos late last night.

Plan for tomorrow: Walk Away the Pounds!!! (haven't exercised voluntarily in ages...so this is a big deal!)

No comments: