Alright, it is now 2008, and I have started making changes in my lifestyle. The first major thing I did is that we have stopped eating fast food. We have been fast-food-a-holics for years...which is why I ended up weighing as much as I did! We would eat fast food EASILY 10-12 times a week. Well, that has stopped, and now I'm cooking! It's amazing how much more I feel like we are a family when we are all eating a home cooked meal around the kitchen table, as opposed to in a tiny booth at McD's yelling at the kids to stop picking on each other at the playground!
The second thing I have done is that I have stopped drinking my cokes. Yes, my beloved cokes are no longer a part of my life. I realized that I was drinking probably 800 calories a day, easily! I started the day with a few glasses of coke, had one every time I went through the kitchen, and several with meals. I would easily drink a 2 liter a day if given the chance...and loved every minute of it!
I am finally starting to realize that I am an adult, and I can no longer eat and drink like I could 15 years ago...I have to take responsibility and grow up...and show my kids the right way to eat! I'm so proud that they haven't had fast food in almost two weeks...I also haven't bought them candy even though they have begged. It's hard, but it'll be so worth it.
The third thing I am doing is that I am no longer going to bake every single day...or even every few days! I love baking...it makes me so happy...almost as happy as eating the crap I make, LOL! From now on I am only baking if we are going somewhere to take my creations. No more baking to eat it at home. This is going to be so hard...but I can do it! If I HAVE to bake, I'll send it to work with Sam.
And the last change so far is that I am not serving bread with every meal. Instead of having biscuits, rolls or loaf bread with every meal, I am only serving it with spaghetti-type meals and buns if we have burgers or sloppy joes. This is going to make a huge difference too!
My weight on January 1st was 233. I am going to weigh in the morning and see how my first week has gone.
Baby steps, baby steps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment